Firstly – My Thoughts
So in the world we live in, it seems sadly, that even the crafting community can get up in arms over simple but honest product opinions, which are taken out of context, then influencers/company’s trying to make money and not liking the said opinions, get upset – which is fine, but not at the cost of harassing others and being downright disrespectful and of course as always comes the festering of unnecessary gossip and innuendo. I just do not know what happened in this world where you can like or dislike a product without being attacked, or insulted by those who do not agree, its embarrassing tbh! Can you imagine never being able to express your own thoughts on anything? I for one cannot and it’s quite alarming to me that people are attacking, insulting, defaming, threatening and trying to stop people from their right to speak their truth or opinion! Its called freedom of speech and we here in the USA should be thankful we have that, and embrace it, unlike other places that are oppressed and have no rights. No one should have the right to stop anyone from having an opinion just because they disagree.
With that in mind I decided to give equal footing to Local King Rubber Stamp’s blenders just as I did for Picket Fences Pouncers. Now let’s be clear and very clear, I posted my 2023 Picket Fences product post on March 11th before all this other stuff happened. (View that post Here) I knew about Local King Rubber’s Magic Mushrooms because I had researched them at Local King Rubber as I had purchased a set of similar style makeup blenders from Amazon in Nov 2018 for a stenciling project. Fast forward and it was after Covid hit and I kept wondering what else could I do with those blenders that were just sitting in a drawer taking up space, then I saw a YouTube video from Local King Rubber Stamps about their magic mushrooms so I watched it. Again I will state that I do not know any of the quality differences between Picket Fences Pouncers, Local King Magic Mushrooms or the Amazon Make-Up, Blending Puffs as I have only ever purchased the ones from Amazon, so it’s up to “YOU” the crafters to make your own mind up about which brand you prefer to purchase based on need, usefulness, quality, pricing and ascetics. I took all the information below from Local King Rubber’s Website about their Magic Mushrooms, Enjoy and please remember I am in no way affiliated with Picket Fences, Local King Rubber, or Amazon! All 3 blenders have their own differences, it’s up to you the consumer to decide which blenders you prefer to buy for your craftroom.
About Local King Rubber – Magic Mushrooms Blending Tool
The best blending tool.
- Our Magic Mushrooms are the best blending tool for mixing and blending colors easily. You can rub, tap, or circle with the sponge head to achieve the desired effect.
- Our custom-made Magic Mushrooms have a flatter top and harder foam that allows for smoother blending. The product comes with 10 different color sponge heads and individual containers to store your Magic Mushrooms.
- You can use any dye-based inks with LK’s Magic Mushrooms.
- The Magic Mushrooms work best when they are moist. Dip the sponge part in water and squeeze out any excess water. Then, pat dry the sponge. The size of the Magic Mushrooms will double, indicating they are ready to use.
- If the sponge is too wet, it won’t pick up the ink, and if it is too dry, it won’t blend the colors properly.
- Clean the Magic Mushrooms with water. Dip the sponge part in water and squeeze out the water. Repeat until the water is clean, then dry with a cloth. In 1-2 days, the Magic Mushrooms will return to their original shape. You don’t have to wash the Magic Mushrooms after each use, but please take care of them as you would with expensive paintbrushes. Avoid leaving any pigment ink on the mushrooms as the sponge can become harder and damage the Magic Mushrooms.
- Local King Rubber Stamp has created over 100 YouTube videos to demonstrate how to use our Magic Mushrooms effectively. Please visit our YouTube channel and search for “Local King Rubber Stamp Magic Mushrooms” to find them.
The story of the magic Mushrooms – By Lisa “Owner of Local King Rubber”
I want to share the story of how Local King’s Magic Mushrooms came to be. A few years ago, I was searching for a blending tool and ended up purchasing a set of colour-blending brushes. However, I found that the brush heads were too time-consuming to use and didn’t serve my purpose. So, I researched and discovered that makeup sponges provided better blending, given that we use them to apply foundation on our faces.I bought some makeup sponges, but most of them were too soft and had a round head. They worked well on uneven surfaces but not ideal for flat surfaces like paper. I contacted a factory in China to see if they could create a harder and flatter foam head. After several attempts, we came up with Local King’s Magic Mushrooms, which we believe will be a huge success in the crafting market.Unfortunately, we received our shipment just before the pandemic hit, and we never had the chance to introduce this awesome product to the craft world. From the appearance of Local King’s Magic Mushrooms, you can see the clear storage containers and acrylic holding bases, which are custom-made for our product, and the sponge heads are flatter than regular makeup sponges, making them perfect for paper crafting. You can rub, tap, circle, and more with Local King’s Magic Mushrooms.If you compare our foam with a makeup sponge, you’ll notice that ours is much harder, which increases the sponge’s lifespan and performance.I have created over 100 videos to share with my customers and viewers on how to use Local King Magic Mushrooms, and all the videos are available from 2019 on. I invite you to visit this link.https://www.youtube.com/results…Although we are a small company, we have a lot of loyal customers like you. If you love our products, please share our company with your friends by clicking the share button. We kindly ask that you refrain from leaving negative feedback on other companies or their design team’s social media. The world is big enough to share with other people. Thank you for supporting Local King Rubber Stamp,
Please note: Local King Rubber Blenders are $39.99 for the 10 pack without the stands and $49.99 with the stands, Picket Fences are $39.99 for the 9 pack of Brights and $12.99 for the 3 pack of Neutrals, Amazon are $12.99 for a 9 Pack.